Dress Code / School Supply List
Administration reserves the right to request a change of clothing for inappropriate dress or to recommend changes on anything deemed distracting to the learning process.
Lake Alfred Polytech Academy General Uniform/Dress Code Policy 2023-2024
Uniform shirts must be purchased from the school’s uniform store with the school logo.
Uniforms are required every day.
You can purchase the uniforms directly from Sir Walter Uniforms by going to this link:
Students are expected adhere to the school uniform policy every day. If a student is not in dress code, a parent will be called to bring proper clothing.
- A school uniform monogrammed polo in burgundy, hunter green, or navy blue is to be worn.
- It must be purchased from the school uniform store and have the appropriate lettering embroidered on it.
- All shirts must be properly tucked into the uniform bottoms for the entirety of the day.
- Polos that are the wrong size, too tight, or too short are not acceptable.
- Pants must be solid khaki in color, have belt loops, and no elastic at the ankles.
- Pants are to be tapered or straight legged.
- Skirts, shorts and skorts must be mid‐thigh or longer.
- Jeans, corduroy, leggings, tight‐fitting, skinny style, flair bottom, bell bottom, drawstring/elastic waist pants are not permitted.
- Pants may not have split seams or frayed/torn material.
- Pants must fit properly and be worn at the natural waistline.
- Pants are available for purchase from the school’s uniform store or may be purchased from any vendor.
- A belt, appropriate for school, is required at all times.
- Belts must be a neutral color and not have any accessories.
- A belt must be worn with all uniform bottoms that have belt loops.
- Jackets/sweaters must be a solid color, either burgundy, hunter green, or navy blue.
- Jackets/sweaters are permitted to have the Lake Alfred Polytech Academy logo but are not to have any other writing, logo, or graphics, etc.
- Jackets/sweaters must have a full zipper or button‐down front and remain unzipped/unbuttoned at all times unless the temperature is below 50°.
- Jacket hoods are not to be worn during school hours.
- Members of the school staff may request a student remove his/her jacket if it does not meet dress code requirements.
Shoes & Socks:
- Properly tied or fastened shoes appropriate for school must be worn at all times while on campus.
- “Boat” shoes are acceptable.
- Moccasins, sandals, flip‐flops, crocs, house shoes or shoes resembling house shoes, and boots (work boots, cowboy boots, or seasonal boots) are not acceptable for school wear.
- Shoes with heels greater than 1 inch are not permitted to be worn on campus at any time, including student dress down days.
- Shoes must have a closed toe and heel.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- ID Badges are required to be worn and visible throughout the school day or while attending any school function.
- If a student’s ID Badge is lost or damaged, the student must purchase a new ID Badge.
Student Dress Down Days:
- No fraying, holes, or tears should appear on any garments or clothing.
- Hats or bandanas are not allowed to be worn at any time.
- Shirts may not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
- No tank tops or shirts that show the mid‐drift.
- No leggings, PJs, spandex, or yoga pants allowed.
- Skirts, shorts, or skorts must be mid‐thigh or longer.
- Clothing must fit appropriately; not too baggy or too tight.
- Pants are to be worn at the natural waistline at all times.
Specifically Prohibited Items:
- Jackets/sweaters tied around the waist
- Torn, ripped, cut, split, frayed or worn‐out clothing or footwear
- Tight‐fitting jeans, leggings, spandex, pajama bottoms
- Hats or bandanas of any color
- Hair ties/accessories that are not school colors (burgundy, hunter green, or navy blue)
- Backpacks of any size; including mini backpacks used as purses or lunch boxes
- Jeans may ONLY be worn on student dress down days.
Students may carry a Trapper Keeper instead of a backpack. Backpacks of any size; including mini backpacks used as purses, are not permitted on campus.
School Supply List
- Trapper Keeper – Backpacks are not permitted on campus
- Personal hand sanitizer (optional)
- 1 pack of black dry erase markers (2 count)
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 1 packs of #2 pencils (10 or more count)
- 2 packs of notebook paper
- 1 pack of graph paper, loose leaf with holes
- 1 pack of yellow highlighters (2 count)
- 1 pack of blue ink pens
- 1 pack of black ink pens
- Dividers (8-10 count)
- Pencil holder for binder with 3 holes
- Ruler for binder with 3 holes