Dress Code / School Supply List
Lake Alfred Polytech Academy General Uniform/Dress Code Policy
Shirts must be tucked in at all times (except for sweaters/sweatshirts) and belts must be visible. Undershirts may be worn, but must be white. The sleeves of the crew necked undershirt may not be longer than the sleeves of the uniform shirt. Trench coats are not appropriate apparel at Lake Alfred Polytech Academy.
If a student is not dressed appropriately, a parent will be called to bring proper clothing. Jackets/sweatshirts/sweaters should only be worn when the weather makes it necessary to do so. Uniforms are required every day.
You can purchase the uniforms directly from Sir Walter Uniforms by going to this link:
- Uniform shirts must be purchased from the school’s uniform store
- Students may wear either burgundy, hunter green, or navy blue shirts
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times so that belt is visible
- Non-uniform shirts are not to be worn as jackets
- A long-sleeved shirt matching the color of the student’s uniform shirt may be worn under the student’s uniform shirt on cold days
- Khaki uniform bottoms may be purchased from the school’s uniform store or from the following vendors:
- JC Penny, Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, Bealls, and Land’s End Uniforms.
- Just a reminder as you are out looking for khaki uniform bottoms, please know they must be uniform, not jean material or have brads on them
- Students may wear either:
- Shorts, skorts, and skirts must be no more than two (2) inches above the knee
- A belt must be worn with all uniform bottoms that have belt loops
- Pants are to be worn at the waist at all times (No sagging)
- No fraying, holes or tears should appear on any uniform garments
- Both boys and girls must wear tennis shoes, loafers, deck shoes, or tie shoes. Shoes must be tied/fastened tight at all times. No open toe or open heel shoes allowed.
- If bottoms worn have belt loops, then a belt must be worn.
- We are using Trapper Keepers instead of backpacks.
- No Hats
- No multi buttoned shirts that are not polo shirts but still collared
- No chains
- No spiked wristbands
- No “grills”
- No pull-over hoodies
Administration reserves the right to request a change of clothing for inappropriate dress or to recommend changes on anything deemed distracting to the learning process.
School Supply List
1 - Trapper keeper - Backpacks are not permitted on campus
1 - Pack of black dry erase markers (2 count)
1 - Pack of colored pencils
2 - Packs 0f #2 pencils (10 or more count)
2 - Packs of notebook paper
1 - Pack of graph paper, loose leaf with holes
1 - Pack of yellow highlighters (2 count)
1 - Pack of blue ink pens
1 - Pack of black ink pens
1 - Pencil holder for binder with 3 holes
1 - Ruler for binder with 3 holes
1 - Pack of dividers (8-10 count)